Monday, May 4, 2009

Son of the American Revolution




This weekend, we went to DeRidder, Louisiana to see my great grandfather and great grandmother inducted into the Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution. I am also a Son of the American Revolution, and hope to be inducted some day. I will need my paw-paws birth certificate in order to apply. I think Mom and Dad will help me with that. Speaking of paw-paw, I met him for the first time on Saturday, May 2nd at the farm in DeRidder. He really enjoyed spending time with me and would not put me down. It was really nice to meet him. Here's me with my dad, grandfather, and great-grandfather - 4 generations of Broussards.

Also, this weekend I met my Uncle Jed who was visiting from Warner Robbins, Georgia. He is a lot of fun and looks like dad a little.

I am teething once again. When I teethe, I really don't feel much like eating, but I'll still take my bottle. In fact, I can now sign and say "ba-ba" when I want my bottle.

At nine months, dad lowered my crib so I don't climb out. I figure out how to stand in the crib so now, when I want out, I stand and call for mommy and daddy. I am so proud of myself for standing that I don't even cry when I want out.

Aunt Joy calls me a "cruiser" because I can walk alongside the couch with support. I can also walk while my hands are being held. "Any day now" is what I hear daddy say. Until then, I'll keep eating grass and pulling off the door stoppers.

The weather is getting warmer. It's in the high 80s here and I am working on my tan. I sure like to play outside but must where my spray-on sunscreen and hat.

Well, take it easy. Talk to you later...

1 comment:

kp said...

Hi Jackson,
This is your Mime. You've never met me but I look forward to that day. You look much like Mom and Dad
You are one precious cookie.
Love
Mime